This wooden twig spoon has been hand-carved, hand-sanded & hand-polished by Vietnamese artisans in a traditional craft village.
Add this item to a play kitchen set up and delight in the adventurous play treats you are sure to be served up.
Each piece is unique and tells the story of the crafts-person selecting the piece of timber and shaping it by hand to bring out the beauty in each piece.
A delightfully delicate spoon perfect for stirring pots or scooping.
- Dimensions: 22.5cm x 3cm
- Made from Doussie, a soft Vietnamese plantation timber that is ideal for hand-carving
- Finished with food-grade vegetable oil
Designed in Australia. Ethically and lovingly hand-carved, hand-sanded & hand-polished by Vietnamese artisans in a traditional craft village preserving ancient skills and providing income.
This one can be hung up by the handy hand holes when not in play.
CARING FOR YOUR WOODEN ITEMS
Our wooden items have been handcrafted and are waxed with food-grade wax. To keep your wood looking its best:
- Do not leave submerged in water for a really long time ( like a week) - play is ok and hang it up to dry after.
- Dry with a tea towel after getting wet
- Then keep it beautiful with a rub of bee's wax or vegetable oil into the wood to avoid the fibres lifting.
- Only use mild dishwashing detergent if needed
- Never put wood in the dishwasher
We work with a small Vietnamese enterprise that promotes Vietnamese handicrafts ensuring stability in the industry, work from home opportunities for young mothers and protection for traditional skills and crafts.