If you've ever watched the magic of a leaf caught in a breeze this is the spoon for you. Designed with to capture that floating feeling on air or on water this spoon is sure to provide a beautiful tactile approach to all sensory play. Connecting the play through nature at all times wether inside or out.
Designed in Australia. Ethically and lovingly hand-carved, hand-sanded & hand-polished by Vietnamese artisans in a traditional craft village preserving ancient skills and providing income.
This one can be hung up by the handy hand holes when not in play.
CARING FOR YOUR WOODEN ITEMS
Our wooden items have been handcrafted and are waxed with food-grade wax. To keep your wood looking its best:
- Do not leave submerged in water for a really long time ( like a week) - play is ok and hang it up to dry after.
- Dry with a tea towel after getting wet
- Then keep it beautiful with a rub of bee's wax or vegetable oil into the wood to avoid the fibres lifting.
- Only use mild dishwashing detergent if needed
- Never put wood in the dishwasher
We work with a small Vietnamese enterprise that promotes Vietnamese handicrafts ensuring stability in the industry, work from home opportunities for young mothers and protection for traditional skills and crafts.
Note: Listing is for one floating spoon only.